The Victron SmartShunt is a powerful battery monitor with Bluetooth on board. It can be installed out of sight, behind the scenes – whilst live data from the device is relayed to your mobile phone or tablet via the VictronConnect App for Android or iOS or on your Mac and PC. The SmartShunt is a great alternative for a BMV battery monitor where a separate display isn’t required.
Monitored Battery Parameters include:
- Battery State-of-Charge (SoC)
- Voltage of up to 2 batteries
- Current Load
- Time to go
- Extensive historical information
- … and much more
Auxilary Input Options:
The SmartShunt can do more than comprehensively monitor your main battery bank – additionally you can choose to either:
- Monitor the voltage of a second battery, for exmaple the starter battery or;
- Connect a temperature sensor (optional accessory) for temperature compensated charging or;
- Monitor the midpoint voltage of your battery bank (cable included) to keep an eye on battery health.
Connection to any Victron GX Device
The SmartShunt also features a VE.Direct port so can also be connected to any device in the GX range including the Colour Controller and Cerbo GX via a VE.Direct cable.
Differences compared to BMV-712 Battery Monitor
- No programmable visual and audible alarm
- No programmable relay.